The clinic is located centrally and conveniently in the heart of London’s historic Harley Street medical district, within easy walking distance of Bond Street, Oxford Circus, Regent’s Street and Baker Street tube stations. If you are arriving by car, we are within ten minutes’ drive of Regent’s Park, Camden, Mayfair, Soho, and Paddington, and multiple bus routes pass through the area.
Cervical Smear Testing – this test checks for changes and advancement of changes in the cells of the cervix. If untreated, changing cells may develop into cervical cancer.
If cancerous cell changes are detected early, they can be prevented from multiplying HPV Testing – we test for the presence of the HPV virus, which can increase the likelihood of cervical cell changes
Routine smear tests are a vital part of women’s healthcare and having them done privately has a number of benefits:
- You can book your appointment at your convenience
- You will receive your results 48-72 hours after your test We include a screen for human papilloma virus
- We can organise an immediate gynaecological referral should you need one
- Our clinic is conveniently located in Central London, near Oxford Circus, Baker Street, Bond Street and Regent’s Street tube stations
- We have experienced female GPs available on request, and a strong interest in women’s health
Cervical cancer is more common amongst women aged 25-49, and more likely to develop in women who already have the HPV virus.
3,126 cases of cervical cancer were diagnosed in the UK in 2015, making it the third most common gynaecological cancer.
The process can be uncomfortable but is usually not painful. It is a relatively quick process and with an experienced doctor, the discomfort is minimal.