We test for all sexually transmitted infections, with fast turnaround of results. Specific tests include:
- HIV testing including early HIV detection (within 10 days of exposure)
- Chlamydia, gonorrhoea and bacterial infections (BV)
- Instant HIV test
- Syphilis, hepatitis B and hepatitis C Herpes simplex
- HPV (Human papilloma virus, women only)
We also offer a full sexual health screen to exclude the full spectrum of infections; this test is recommended if you have had unprotected sex.
Sexual health screening can be a difficult and stressful process, so our services are organised to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
The benefits of using our services include:
- Early, late, last minute and walk-in appointments available Samples are taken on-site
- Confidentiality – you do not have to give us your real name at the time of testing, and we will not contact your GP except in special circumstances which will be discussed with you
- Flexibility in how you receive your results, including over the telephone, by email, post, and in-person collection
- Private prescription service provided where necessary so you don’t have to make an extra trip to your GP
- On-site counsellor available
If you have a new sexual partner, a partner who has an STI, or are having unprotected sex, it is recommended that you have a sexual health screening. If you are noticing unusual symptoms, it is particularly important to get tested.
This depends on your individual history, although we do offer various packages that cover the majority of cases, which we recommend. Our doctors can help you choose the tests that are most appropriate for you.
You will have a consultation with an experienced doctor, involving some personal questions about your medical and sexual history, which will be treated with utmost confidentiality. Depending on the tests required, the doctor will then take a blood test, swab, and/or urine sample. The timeframe of results will be discussed, and once your results are in, the doctor will also give you any prescriptions needed.