For your convenience our clinic is located next to the famous Gherkin Tower (30 St Mary Axe), in the heart of the Financial district of the City of London. It is near Bank, Fenchurch street, Liverpool street, Aldgate and just a 10 minutes drive from St Pauls, the Barbican and Farringdon. A full range of sexual health testing is on offer at the walk-in clinic. We test for all sexually transmitted infections, and can provide fast results, often within 24 hours.
Our City of London clinic tests include:
- HIV including early HIV detection within 10 days of exposure
- Instant HIV test
- Syphilis, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Herpes simplex
- Chlamydia, gonorrhoea and bacterial infections
- Human papilloma virus (in women only)
We know that sexual health screening can be a difficult process, so we have organised our services to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
The benefits of using our services include:
- An appointment to suit you, including very early in the morning and late at night
- All of our sample-taking is done on-site at our City of London clinic
- There is no need to use your real name at the time of testing if you prefer not to
- We will not contact your GP unless in special circumstances which will be discussed with you
- You can choose how you want to receive your results
- A private prescription will be provided where treatment is required as part of our service so you don’t need to see your GP
- An on-site counsellor is available
The germs that cause sexually transmitted diseases can be found more commonly in semen, blood, vaginal secretions, and sometimes saliva.
You will have a consultation with an experienced doctor who will discuss your options for testing. This will involve some personal questions about your medical and sexual history. All information given during your visit will be treated confidentially.During the test
Depending on your needs, the doctor will then take a blood test, swab, and/or urine sample, and discuss with you the process of receiving your results.
The doctor will also give you any prescriptions necessary, once your results are back.
blood test, swab, and/or urine sample
You can choose how you want to receive your results including over the telephone, by email, post, and in-person collection. Most results will be made available within less than 24 hours. The results are kept private and confidential and not shared with your GP, unless requested.
The type of tests you will need will depend on your individual case, although we do offer various packages that cover the majority of cases. Our doctors can advise you and help you choose the tests that are most appropriate for you.
There are certain conditions in which it is recommended that you have an STI test, including having a new sexual partner or a partner who has an STI, having unprotected sex, or noticing sexual health symptoms.
You may also want to have a regular test a few times a year if you or your partner have had other partners.
Our clinic can be reached by bus, tube or train (Fenchurch street). Numerous busses can be found on the City clinic page and the Central (Liverpool Street) and Circle (Aldgate) tube lines are in close proximity.