In 2013, 131 million working days were lost to sickness absence in the UK. The Walk-in Clinic team is here to help both employers and employees. We can verify sickness through examination by an independent doctor and provide a report at short notice.
We provide your employees with the opportunity to obtain a sickness certificate without having to wait for an appointment with their own GP. This can contribute to the reduction of absenteeism and / or presenteeism in the workplace.
Our services include:
- Same-day appointments to limit the time your employees need to take off work
- Urgent appointments for sick employees to speed their recovery
- Telephone advice line to human resources departments
- Same-day sickness certificates and reports
- Long-term sick leave assessments
- Fitness to work assessments
- Formulation of a return to work programme
What to do next
Please, call us to discuss your needs and arrange an appointment.
Employees are required to obtain a sick note from a doctor after 7 missed days of work in a row (including non-work days or weekends).
If you can provide a doctor’s note for your illness, you will be able to take your sick days as sick leave instead of holiday.
You can ask your employer to refer you for a fitness-for-work assessment, which can help you with a timetable for returning to work, advice on how to manage and improve your condition, and evaluate your health in relation to your specific role.